June 1, 2020
LIBRARY BOARD OF DIRECTORS SOMERS PUBLIC LIBRARY
MONDAY, June 1, 2020 – 6:30 p.m.
(If you are unable to attend please call the library: 860-763-3501)
1. First Audience to Citizens
2. Approval of minutes
4. Treasurer’s Reports
5. Financial Business
a. Approval of invoices
b. Year-to-date budget
a. Building Maintenance Committee
b. Friends of the Library liaison report
c. Strategic Planning Committee liaison
7. Old Business
a. Endowment Fund
8. New Business
a. Phased Reopening plans review
b. Pandemic policies adjustment
9. Director’s Report
10. Second Audience to Citizens
Economic Dev Comm
Town of Somers
Economic Development Commission
Monday June 1, 2020 – 6:00pm – virtual meeting open to the public, to join the meeting:
Meeting ID: 286 742 5969
- Call to Order
- Review and Approval of Minutes from May
- Zoning – discussion of pending zoning issues in relation to local economic growth
- Old Business
- NCCCC – Community Connections
- Business Community projects
- Fall 2020 projects, ideas, goals, projections
- New Business
TOWN OF SOMERS - ZONING COMMISSION
REVISED MEETING AGENDA MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2020
6:30 PM – TELECONFERENCE
To join meeting and speak during public hearing portion dial #1 646 558 8656
Enter Meeting ID: 868 3637 6699 and Password: 125385
CALL TO ORDER
- #20-006: The Union Agricultural Society of Somers, Enfield, Ellington and E. Windsor, Inc., 56 Egypt Road, Somers. Special Use Permit application in accordance with Zoning Regulations sections 214-87 Alcoholic Beverages and 214-93 Temporary Commercial Uses to allow agricultural events/shows, public and private events, car shows, fairs, festivals in the Industrial zone.
- #20-008: Pleasant View Farms, 430 South Road, Somers. Renewal of Special Use permit for Flea Markets and Festivals in accordance with Zoning Regulations section 214-93 Temporary Commercial Uses in the Residential A-1 zone.
OLD BUSINESS: Discussion/Possible Decision
- #20-006: The Union Agricultural Society of Somers, Enfield, Ellington and E. Windsor, Inc., 56 Egypt Road, Somers.
- #20-008: Pleasant View Farms, 430 South Road, Somers.
- Discussion only: #20-004: Mark and Karen Murdoch, 24 Gulf Road, Somers, CT. Proposed text amendment to Somers Zoning Regulations sections 214-4 Definitions, 214-44 Prohibited uses, 214-87 Alcoholic Beverages and 214-98 Schedule of permitted uses; to allow Farm Winery/Brewery as a permitted use in all zones.
- STAFF REPORT
- MINUTES APPROVAL: May 4, 2020 and May 11, 2020