May 12, 2021
Somers Cemetery Committee
Wednesday May 12, 2021
6:30 Town Hall Lower level meeting room
- Call to order:
- Members present:
- Correction & approval of last meetings minutes.
- Finance — Quarterly report to be sent to committee chair to share
- Veteran's office
- Landscaper — Spring clean-up report, New West moss removal request
- American Legion — report on flag ground level markers
- DPW representative if needed
(New business / Peters' tree, Columbarium "plaza" bids)
- Old Business:
- Report of columbarium lettering for Jay. Does he now have what he needs?
- Columbarium regulations — committee report.
- New Business:
- A request to combine 2 sets of 2 graves into a 4 plot in order to have one family stone of appropriate size. (Request through Brian W.)
- A request of Carol Peters via Todd Rolland to have a tree planted near her husband's grave which replaced a tree that has aged out. Todd has priced a Bloodgood Acer (Japanese Maple) in conference with Barry Dolby. Price of approximately $350.00 to be considered by Mrs. Peters.
- Request by phone to the Business Office to remove moss in New West and replace it with grass (remove moss, bring in loam, acid balance with lime to promote grass then seed). Pine trees shade the area. Pricy venture with no guarantees of success. Landscaper report.
- Columbarium "Plaza" / walkway bids, 3 contractors. Todd Rolland report
- Report from Chair:
- Request to look at a stone in New West that had been knocked off its base and base off the footing. Not on the roadway. Problem may be resolved by owner of the grave site. (J. Jacius)
Condition of Center Cemetery: (B Damon) Mowing issue solved between text and visit. Weather related. Client pleased.
- Visits to funeral homes / rack cards. Well received. Interest shown.
- Committee additions for July meeting