Somers Sr. Center hosting a Flu Clinic on November 01, 2021 from 9-10:00 am — details available from the following link:Flu Clinic
Archive for the ‘Featured Recent News’ Category
The October, 2021 Newsletter is now available for download from the following link or on the Sr. Center webpage.Somers Senior Center October, 2021 Newsletter
The Somers CERT (Citizen Emergency Response Team), working with the Fire Department, is offering ‘free’ address markers which are visible day or night, reflective and fade resistant. Emergency Personnel need to find your home and ‘if they can’t find you, they can’t help you’. Information and application available from the following link:Reflective Address Markers Info
Reflective Marker Order Form
Somers will have a Fall Town-Wide Tag Sale on Saturday, October 02, 2021. Attached is the application for participation. Please make sure you indicate the ‘time’ of your sale on the application — each participant decides the hours of their sale. Applications will also be available in the Town Clerk’s office. The deadline for submitting an application will be Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
**SEPTEMBER 7, 2021 MEETING CANCELLED AND PUBLIC HEARING POSTPONED**
A SPECIAL MEETING WILL BE HELD SEPTEMBER 20TH, 2021 AT 6:00PM
Questions or concerns should be directed to Jennifer Roy in the Land Use Department
#(860) 763-8220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new Fiscal Year Transfer Station Permits are available for purchase from both the Transfer Station and the Town Clerk’s office during regular business hours. The fee is $35.00 per permit valid for one-year. A fillable and printable application can be obtained from the following link:
The Town of Somers Zoning Regulations, as adopted on May 01, 2021, is available for review from the following link:
TOWN OF SOMERS – ZONING COMMISSION will hold a public hearing Monday, June 7, 2021 6:30pm – Somers Town Hall Auditorium, 600 Main Street, Somers, CT
All interested parties may appear and be heard.
PUBLIC HEARING postponed from May 3, 2021:
- #21-001: Mark and Karen Murdoch; application for a Text Amendment to the following sections of the Somers Zoning regulations; 214-4, 214-84, 214-87, and 214-98(B) to allow for Farm Winery and Vineyard/Brewery as a permitted use in all zones.
The Somers Conservation Commission, at a regular meeting on May 5, 2021, voted to approve:
- App #740: 50 Hangdog Lane. Construct Driveway and Repair Drainage, involving work within both Wetland and Upland Review Area. Roulier Family Limited Partnership/Daniel R. Roulier.
- App #746: 21 Eleanor Road. Subdivision of property containing wetlands. Eleanor Road Business Center.
- App #747: 47 Avery Road. Construction of an above-ground pool in the upland review area. Edward and Barbara Czelazewicz.
- Appl #748: Watchaug Road. Replacement of Watchaug Brook culverts. Town of Somers.
Dated at Somers, Connecticut, this 11th day of May 2021