Starting on Tuesday, February 16th, the Somers Public Library will be open to the public for computer use appointments in order to help facilitate those who need to file their taxes online or register for vaccination appointments.
Then on Monday, March 1st, the Somers Public Library will welcome the public back by appointment for browsing and check out of materials. For patrons who cannot wear a face covering or who chose not to visit the library at this time, curbside pickup service will continue to be offered.
The Somers Public Library will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Operation hours may be changed after reevaluation.
All library appointments will have a one hour time limit and there will be a capacity per hour to maintain social distancing capabilities within the building. To make an appointment for computer use or browsing, please call 860-763-3501.
- Masks will be required for all people entering the library, per Governor’s executive order and town policy. If you cannot wear a mask, please call us to schedule a curbside pickup instead.
- All returns will be accepted in the outside drop-box slots only. Items will continue to be quarantined for at least 48 hours.
- Computers will be available by appointment for one hour per day.
- Meeting rooms will not be available at this time.
- Donations will be accepted on Mondays, beginning on March 1st.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon!