SOMERS RECREATION COMMISSION
August 5, 2019 7:00 PM
Kibbe Fuller Community Center
I. Call to Order
II. Members Present
IV. Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes
V. Recreation Report
VI. DPW Report
VII. New Business
I. Town Hall Field Improvement Discussion
II. SHS Track Project Discussion
IX. Opportunity to add agenda items
X. Next Meeting – Monday, September 9
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2019
7:00 PM TOWN HALL
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. OLD BUSINESS
1. Application #730: 183 Mountain Road. Stream crossing and construction of driveway in Upland Review Area, associated with construction of new house, as previously approved (WP #534, which has expired). Amy Eastman.
2. Application #731: 420 Springfield Road. Installation of a flood control device to mitigate beaver damage. Richard Bailey. To be tabled/continued to next meeting.
III. NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion: Revision of Wetland Application form.
IV. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION
V. STAFF REPORT
VI. CORRESPONDENCE AND BILLS
VII. MINUTES APPROVAL: July 3, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
II. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION (only items not on the agenda)
III. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Zoning Referral for Application #19-009, Old Mill English Tea Room, LLC, 63 Maple Street, Somers. Application for a Text Amendment to the Somers Zoning Regulations, Sections: 214-4 Definitions: adding “tea room”; 214-39 and 214-39(D) Professional Offices, Home Occupation and Bed and breakfast establishments: to add “tea room”; and 214-98(c) Schedule of permitted accessory uses: adding “17a. Tea Room” as permitted accessory use in the A-1 Zone with a special use permit.
2. Zoning Referral for Application #19-010, Old Mill English Tea Room, LLC, 63 Maple Street, Somers. Application for a Special Use permit for a Tea Room as an accessory use pursuant to Section 214-98(c) 17a. of the Somers Zoning Regulations..
IV. STAFF REPORT/DISCUSSION
V. MINUTES APPROVAL: June 13, 2019
AGENDA – SPECIAL MEETING
Monday, August 12, 2019 6:30 PM - Somers Town Hall
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. #19-009: Old Mill English Tea Room LLC, 63 Maple Street, Somers. Application for a Text Amendment to the Somers Zoning Regulations, Sections: 214-4 Definitions: adding “tea room”; 214-39 and 214-39(D) Professional Offices, Home Occupations and Bed-and-breakfast establishments: to add “tea room”; and 214-98(c) Schedule of permitted accessory uses: adding “17a. Tea Room” as permitted use in the A-1 Zone with a Special Use permit.
2. #19-010: Old Mill English Tea Room LLC, 63 Maple Street, Somers. Application for a Special Use permit for a Tea Room as an accessory use pursuant to Section 214-98(c) 17a of the Somers Zoning Regulations.
III. NEW BUSINESS:
1. #19-011: Copper Hill Farm, Greg Hazelton, 144 Hall Hill Road, Somers. Pursuant to section 214-93 of the Zoning Regulations, requesting a Special Use permit for Food Festivals, Music Jamborees, and Markets in the A-1 Residential Zone.
IV. OLD BUSINESS:
1. Discussion of Draft of Zoning Regulations.
The Zoning Commission appreciates citizen input. Please contact the Land Use Office during Regular business hours or in writing to find out the best way to communicate your concerns.
If you are unable to attend this meeting, PLEASE CALL the Land Use Office at 860 763-8220
**Commission must have a quorum to meet. Thank You**
TOWN OF SOMERS
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
August 13, 2019 - 7:00 P.M.
LOWER LEVEL CONFERENCE ROOM
A. CALL TO ORDER
B. ROLL CALL
C. NEW BUSINESS
1. PUBLIC HEARING:
#19-004: Gingras Development LLC; seeking a variance from section 214-130C of the Somers Code concerning rear yard setback requirement of 80’ (eighty feet) to construct a four season room 60’ (sixty feet) from the rear yard for Unit #59 aka 12 Tanglewood Drive and Unit #33 aka 118 Nutmeg Drive in Somers Village, located in the A-1 Residential Zone.
2. PUBLIC HEARING DISCUSSION/DECISION:
#19-004: Gingras Development LLC – Somers Village
Receive application and schedule a public hearing for #19-005 Amie L. Eastman, 42 Hallie Lane, Somers, CT, appealing Cease and Desist Order issued by Jennifer Roy, Zoning Enforcement Officer.
D. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: NONE
E. CORRESPONDENCE: NONE
F. MINUTES APPROVAL –March 12, 2019
Housing Authority of the Town of Somers
Meeting August 21, 2019 – 3:00 p.m.
Woodcrest Community Room – 71 Battle Street
1. Call to Order
3. Discussion with individual residents
4. Old Business
4.1. Management of Property
4.1.1. Apartment Rental – Update
188.8.131.52. Review plans and prospects for retaining 25% units in Phase I
4.1.2. Review Condition of the Facilities and work orders
4.1.3. Review Financial Condition
4.1.4. Review Resident Services Coordinator’s activities
5. New Business
5.1. Review officers for Housing Authority and directors for affiliates
6. Approval of minutes from July 17, 2019
7. Resident Questions/Concerns