March 2, 2020
LIBRARY BOARD OF DIRECTORS SOMERS PUBLIC LIBRARY
MONDAY, March 2, 2020 – 6:30 p.m.
(If you are unable to attend please call the library: 860-763-3501)
1. First Audience to Citizens
2. Approval of minutes
4. Treasurer’s Reports
5. Financial Business
a. Approval of invoices
b. Year-to-date budget
a. Budget Subcommittee – Report on Staffing Proposal to BOF
b. Building Maintenance Committee
c. Friends of the Library liaison report
d. Strategic Planning Committee liaison
7. Old Business
a. LED project update
8. New Business
a. Change in Bowers Tournament dates
b. Endowment Fund
9. Director’s Report
10. Second Audience to Citizens
Economic Dev Comm
Town of Somers
Economic Development Commission
Monday March 3, 2020 – 6:00pm
Lower level conference room, Somers Town Hall
1. Call to Order, Welcome to new commissioner
2. Review and Approval of Minutes from Feb.
3. Guest Presentation: Worthington Pond Winery
5. Old Business
a. Directory Updates/Progress/Coordination (Vicki Clark)
b. New Business updates
c. EDC Events:
i. Opiate Education Program – March 19th , joint project with Rotary, Lions Club and Somers Comes Together. (Beth Frechette)
ii. Pending Date for Directory Presentation (Vicki Clark)
d. Social Media Updates (Vicki Clark)
e. Strategic Town Development – Updates/Discussion
f. Pending Zoning Regulation Updates/Discussion
g. Somers Business Forum – Set date for Breakfast at Hometown Kitchen (Pam Belisle)
h. Property Showcase Project (Beth Frechette)
i. NCCCC (March 17th) BOD Meeting (Jim O’Hearn/Vicki Clark)
6. New Business
a. Discussion and Review of Restaurant Project possibly for summer 2020 (Beth Frechette)
TOWN OF SOMERS - ZONING COMMISSION
AGENDA MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2020 6:30 PM - Somers Town Hall Auditorium
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PUBLIC HEARING:
1. #20-001: Gingras Development, Eleanor Road, Somers, CT. Proposed text amendment to add Article XXVI – Detached Housing Development Zone (DHD).
2. #20-002: Dan Eastman, 40 Hallie Lane, Somers, CT. Pursuant to Somers Zoning Regulations, Article XII Earth Removal and Filling, seeking a Special Use permit to allow blasting and excavation of material, to be relocated on same property.
3. #20-003: Dan Eastman, 42 Hallie Lane, Somers, CT. Pursuant to Somers Zoning Regulations, Article XII Earth Removal and Filling, seeking a Special Use permit to allow blasting and excavation of material, to be relocated on same property.
III. OLD BUSINESS: Discussion/Possible Decision
1. #20-001: Gingras Development, Eleanor Road, Somers, CT
2. #20-002: Dan Eastman, 40 Hallie Lane, Somers, CT.
3. #20-003: Dan Eastman, 42 Hallie Lane, Somers, CT.
IV. NEW BUSINESS:
1. #20-004: Mark and Karen Murdoch, 24 Gulf Road, Somers, CT. Proposed text amendment to Somers Zoning Regulations sections 214-4 Definitions, 214-44 Prohibited uses, 214-87 Alcoholic Beverages and 214-98 Schedule of permitted uses; to allow Farm Winery/Brewery as a permitted use in all zones.
2. #20-005: Mark and Karen Murdoch, 24 Gulf Road, Somers, CT. Special Use Permit application for a Farm Winery pursuant to section 214-98(B) of the Somers Zoning Regulations, at 359 Mountain Road, Somers, in the A-1 Zone.
Annual Meeting 3. Election of officers 4. Review of by-laws
V. MINUTES APPROVAL: January 13, 2020, January 21, 2020, and February 3, 2020
Cultural Comm Spec Mtg
SOMERS CULTURAL COMMISSION
SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
March 2, 2020 – 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to order 7:00 p.m.
2. Secretary’s Report
a) Approval of February 10, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes – D. Lewkowicz
b) Correspondence, update on Dot’s condition – A. Levesque
3. Treasurer’s Report
a) Financial Accounts Report – S. Grabierz
b) Bills for approval/pay – S. Grabierz
4. Old Business
a) Publicity Update, incl. Ginny’s email sent to Commission members – A. Levesque
b) “Connection” spring issue featuring Photography Show and 2020 Summer Concert series- deadline ~ 4/8/20, ~ publication date 5/10/20 – A. Levesque
c) Photography Show Update – S. Grabierz
d) Update on alternative location for 2020 summer concerts – A. Levesque
e) Update on Entertainer Schedules of 2020 Summer Concert series and 2020-2021 Coffeehouse - A. Levesque
5. Adjournment - next regular meeting Monday, April 13, 2020