SOMERS CULTURAL COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
May 10, 2021 – 7:00 p.m.
1. Call to order 7:00 p.m. – shout out to David Marti for banners on gazebo and to Somers Boy Scouts troop number 387 and their leaders for a sanding and painting of gazebo flooring and railing. - A. Levesque
2. Secretary’s Report
a. Approval of April 12, 2021 Regular Zoom Meeting Minutes – A. Levesque
b. Correspondence – A. Levesque
3. Treasurer’s Report
a. Financial Accounts Report – A. Levesque
b. Bills for approval/pay – A. Levesque
4. Old Business
a. Need for Treasurer - A. Levesque
b. 2021 Sponsorship Campaign Update – D. Fraro and A. Murphy
c. 2021 Spring Concert Series Discussion, Update – A. Levesque, D. Marti et al
i) Signs / Tables
ii) Handicapped Parking / Emergency Vehicles
iii) Food Trucks / Ice Cream
v) Publicity in newspaper and Local magazine
vi) Publicity on-line and social media, incl. CT Patch and others
vii) Painting Xs – problem w/ finding orange spray paint in small quantities
d. Repairs to Piedmont Hall (roof, ceiling) – A. Levesque
e. Thank you cards to Sponsors coordinated by Gail Tishler – A. Levesque
5. New Business
a. Deep cleaning the Piedmont before start of Art Show – A. Levesque
b. History of Piedmont and Somers Cultural Commission by Cindy Rusinowski – A. Levesque
c. 2021 Piedmont Coffeehouse discussion – A. Levesque
d. This ‘n That– A. Levesque
6. Adjournment (next regular Zoom or on-site meeting Monday, June 12, 2021); our last one before two month recess per bylaws.
1. #ZBA21-003 Mary and David Thomas, Somers, appealing the approval and issuance of a Zoning permit for Matthew Moylan, to construct a 2400 square foot accessory structure at 119 Georgewood Road, Somers, by Jennifer Roy, Zoning Enforcement Officer for the Town of Somers.
PUBLIC HEARING DISCUSSION/DECISION:
1. #ZBA21-003 Mary and David Thomas, Somers, appealing the approval and issuance of a Zoning permit for Matthew Moylan
TOWN OF SOMERS ADVISORY COMMITTEE FOR SENIORS
May 11, 2021 at 1:30
Somers Senior Center
I. Call to Order
II. Approval of 3/9/21 minutes
V. Old Business
A. Plaque for Home Town Kitchen
VI. New Business
A. Social Services update
B. Senior Center update
VII. Committee Updates
Finance — Quarterly report to be sent to committee chair to share
Landscaper — Spring clean-up report, New West moss removal request
American Legion — report on flag ground level markers
DPW representative if needed
(New business / Peters' tree, Columbarium "plaza" bids)
Report of columbarium lettering for Jay. Does he now have what he needs?
Columbarium regulations — committee report.
A request to combine 2 sets of 2 graves into a 4 plot in order to have one family stone of appropriate size. (Request through Brian W.)
A request of Carol Peters via Todd Rolland to have a tree planted near her husband's grave which replaced a tree that has aged out. Todd has priced a Bloodgood Acer (Japanese Maple) in conference with Barry Dolby. Price of approximately $350.00 to be considered by Mrs. Peters.
Request by phone to the Business Office to remove moss in New West and replace it with grass (remove moss, bring in loam, acid balance with lime to promote grass then seed). Pine trees shade the area. Pricy venture with no guarantees of success. Landscaper report.
Somers Town Hall Lower Level Conference Room 600 Main Street, Somers, CT
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION (only items not on the agenda)
III. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Town of Somers, Somersville Mill Wall Project public information
presentation and discussion. This project requires that an Analysis of Brownfields
Clean-Up Report be completed and made available to the public.